I Name, Territorial Range of Activities, Seat, Legal Status
The Polish Association of Industrial Hygienists hereinafter called “the Association” acts under this Constitution.
The Association acts within the territory of the Republic of Poland.
The seat of the Association is specified by its Council of Management whenever it is appointed for its term of office.
The Association is a legal entity.
The Association is entitled to set up local branches which may apply for a legal entity according to general legal regulations and provisions of this Constitution.
The Association uses a seal with the following text: POLISH ASSOCIATION OF INDUSTRIAL HYGIENISTS.
II Objectives and Facilities of the Association
The Objectives of the Association are:
- to promote scientific advances and progress in the area of occupational hygiene as well as to upgrade occupational hygiene to the rank of a scientific discipline.
- to upgrade professional and scientific qualifications among the Association members and to support research work; to develop various forms of training and post-graduate education, to adjust training programmes to current needs and to promote research.
- to cooperate in the training of highly qualified worker in the area of occupational hygiene and in the developing of the most appropriate training programmes.
- to initiate scientific and research work.
- to stimulate preventive activities leading to decrease of accidents at work and related sick absenteeism through elimination of accidents risks.
- to express opinions and statements in occupational hygiene related questions.
In order to accomplish its objectives the Association:
- organises scientific meetings and conferences, lectures, courses and workshops as well as carries out research work.
- organises competitions, exhibitions and poster shows, provides support and assistance in scientific and research work.
- carries out publishing activities through the state institutions and agencies.
- cooperates with other associations and scientific organizations. It can become a member of national and foreign organizations dealing with similar questions. The Association cooperates with authorities of the State Sanitary Inspectorate and the State Labour Inspectorate as well as with public services.
- activities of the Association are based on the work of its members undertaken voluntarily. However, in order to carry out essential administrative work, the relevant Board may employ persons who are not memebers of the Association.
III Members, their Rights and Duties
The Association gathers ordinary, honorary, supporting (including group memebers) and foreign memebers.
The Association accepts as memebers persons with education providing a background for professional or research work in the area of occupational hygiene. Ordinary memebers are admitted by the Association’s branches and circles.
Honorary membership can be conferred in recognition of outstanding service by the General Assembly of the Association on the recommendation of the Association’s Council of Management. An honorary member is not required to pay membership fees or registration costs of meetings organised by the Association.
Retired members of the Association are not required to pay membership fees.
Any natural person or a legal entity paying fees for the benefit of the Association, e.g. an establishment, research institution, non-governmental organization, etc. Can become a supporting member.
The Association accepts as foreign memebers only those persons who are citizens of a foreign country and who contribute to the development of occupational hygiene.
Memebers of the Association have the right to:
- participate in meetings and assemblies of the Association as provided by the provisions of the Constitution;
- participate in scientific conferences, lectures, meetings and other events organised by the Association;
- to elect and be elected to the Association’s governing bodies;
- reduced fees for participation in meetings organised by the Association and reduced prices for the Association’s publications as well at to other services provided by the Association;
- foreign memebers can be admitted only by the General Assembly of the Association on the recommendation of the Association’s Council of Management. Such a recommendation should be appropriately grounded;
- foreign memebers can participate with a consultative voice in assemblies, conferences and other meetings organised by the Association. They can also be conferred an honorary membership.
Members are obliged to observe the provisions of this Constitution, directives and resolutions taken by the Association, to contribute to implementing objectives of the Association and to pay membership fees regularly.
Ordinary members pay their fees at a level agreed by the General Assembly on the recommendation of the Association’s Council of Management.
Ordinary members are struck off the list of members of the Association by the Board of Branch:
- on written request submitted by the member;
- when membership fees have been overdue for a period of twelve months despite two written reminders. However, in the case of settlement of overdue contributions, membership is regained according to general principles;
- on the death of a member.
A member can be excluded from membership of the Association as a result of activities detrimental to the Association or a deed incompatible with his/her dignity. The decision to exclude is taken by the General Assembly of members at the request of a commission convened for this purpose by the Council of Management.
At the request of the commission, referred to in paragraph 19, the Council of Management can hold the member’s rights in abeyance until the case is considered by the General Assembly.
Holding an elected office in the Association’s governing bodies is of an honorary nature.
IV Organisation and Governing Bodies
The Council of Management takes the decision on setting up a Branch of the Association and specifies the territorial area of its activities.
The governing bodies of the Association are:
- the General Assembly of Members,
- the Council of Management and its Presidium,
- the Main Audit Committee.
The governing bodies of the Association’s Branch are:
- the General Meeting of Branch Members,
- the Board of the Branch,
- the Branch Audit Committee